Author, Author!

by Leslie Sann

Before I can tell my life what I want to do with it, I must listen to my life telling me who I am. ~ Parker J. Palmer

Tis’ the season when I begin to reflect on the year that is coming to a close, aiming to harvest the blessings of what has unfolded. In the mood of gratitude, I imagine: What would a joyous 2020 hold for me? I take time between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day to fine tune my vision. I write out my vision as if it had already happened.

Writing down specific goals increases the chance of creating what you want. In 1953, a Yale study showed that 3% of the students graduating that year actually wrote their specific career goals down. Twenty years later, a team of researchers interviewed the class of ‘53 and found that the 3% who had written down their goals were worth more financially than the other 97% combined.

There is great power in writing down goals. Writing them down focuses your mind on guiding you to take those actions that will turn mere vision into reality. Writing our goals down is one of the ways we program the search engine of our brain to find what we are looking for.

You can also see the visioning process as self-authoring. When you choose to participate in creating what you want you are authoring your life. In Middle English, “author” meant “someone who invents or causes something.”

Author your life. Take authority to create what you want. Begin by writing down what you want. Be specific, positively focus and write it out in the present tense. (If you want to know more specifically about how to do this, write to me,, and I’ll send you a gift copy of my eBook, Creating a Life You Want.)

Take AUTHORity.

What do you want?

Write it down.

Make it happen.

Live by design.

If you want assistance in turning your vision into reality—reach out—that is what I do—help you create what you really want.

Your success is my joy.

Blessings and Joy,